In this special edition of What Do You Call That Noise? The XTC Podcast, recorded live as part of the online XTC Convention on 19 September 2020, author Mark Fisher talks to leading stand-up comedians about their love of XTC. He also gets them to join in some games and make up some nonsense – or do they?
On the panel are:
- Joanna Neary, who once performed a pastiche XTC song called Human Farm
- Stewart Lee, who once met Andy Partridge before a gig in Swindon
- Paul Putner, who befriended XTC after compiling a tape of their TV appearances
- Kevin Eldon, whose love of XTC rivals his quiz-winning obsession with the Beatles
- Andy Miller, a writer, editor and long-time Limelight reader whose books include 33 1/3: The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society
Thanks to Mike, Steve, Julie, Darryl, Rachel and Joe and DJ Ivan for making the XTC Convention go with such a swing. Look out for more convention plans on the Facebook page:
The comedians also make an appearance in The XTC Bumper Book of Fun for Boys and Girls, which you can buy along with What Do You Call That Noise? An XTC Discovery Book in the Limelight shop.
If you’ve enjoyed the XTC Podcast, please show your support at https://www.patreon.com/markfisher